Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp.
You can cook Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp using 25 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to achieve that.
Ingredients of Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp
- It’s 510 g of white Japanese rice (3GOU or 540ml).
- It’s 580 ml of water (540 ml if using pressure cook).
- You need 4.5 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of dried shiitake mushroom (soaked in water).
- Prepare 40 g of carrot.
- Prepare 150 ml of dashi stock.
- Prepare 50 ml of water (used to soak dried shiitake).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar*.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sake*.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce*.
- You need 1 tbsp of mirin*.
- You need 100 g of lotus root.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dashi stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 8-10 of king/tiger prawn (peeled).
- It’s 150 g of salmon for sashimi.
- You need 15-20 of mange tout peas.
- Prepare 1 sheet of Nori (dried seaweed).
Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp instructions
- Cook the rice (https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/4533541-cooking-japanese-rice-with-a-potor-sauce-pan?via=sidebar-recipes). Mix the vinegar, sugar and salt well so they all dissolve, then add to the cooked rice. Mix well and let the sushi rice cool..
- Squeeze the shiitake soaked in water and slice. Peel and slice the carrot in rectangular shape. Heat the dashi and water and add all the * flavoring. Add shiitake, cook for 10 minutes then add carrot. Cook till the liquid is mostly gone. Let is cool. Pick some slices of shiitake and keep them aside for decoration later..
- Peel and cut the lotus root in half, then slice. Soak in water with dash of vinegar. Drain and cook in dashi, vinegar, sugar and salt on mid heat till the moisture has evaporated..
- Boil the mange tout briefly and take them out. Add a dash of sake and pinch of salt and boil the prawns. Slice the mange tout in half diagonally. Slice the salmon..
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with sake and sugar. Heat a non stick pan with oil and make a very thin omelette (like crepe). Repeat until the egg is all used..
- Once the omelettes are cooled, stack them on top of each other, cut in quarter, then in thin stripes. Cut the nori in 8th then in thin stripes (with scissors)..
- Mix shiitake & carrot with the sushi rice and set it in your plate or bowl. Scatter the nori on the rice. Next, scatter the eggs all over. Arrange the prawn, salmon, lotus root, shiitake and mange tout beautifully(this order is recommended) !.