You'll Love the Sour Taste! Ume Sauce Shiso Leaf and Lotus Root Pork Rolls.
This Yummy You'll Love the Sour Taste! Ume Sauce Shiso Leaf and Lotus Root Pork Rolls using 17 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of You'll Love the Sour Taste! Ume Sauce Shiso Leaf and Lotus Root Pork Rolls
- Prepare 8 slice of Thinly sliced pork (For this time, i used thinly sliced pork loin).
- It’s 8 slice of Lotus root (small).
- Prepare 8 of leaves Shiso leaves.
- Prepare of Flavoring ingredients:.
- It’s 25 ml of ☆Sake.
- It’s 50 ml of ☆Soy sauce.
- It’s 50 ml of ☆Mirin.
- You need 50 ml of ☆Water.
- Prepare 1/2 of packet ☆Bonito flakes.
- You need 20 grams of ☆ Umeboshi (with the pit removed).
- You need of For the meat.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Oil (for stir frying).
- You need of For removing the astringency of the lotus root.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 500 ml of Water.
You'll Love the Sour Taste! Ume Sauce Shiso Leaf and Lotus Root Pork Rolls instructions
- Peel the lotus root skin and slice into about 5mm thick. Soak in water with vinegar to remove the astrigency..
- Mix all the ☆ ingredients. Cut the umeboshi with a kitchen knife and add to the ☆ ingredients including the seed too. Cover the cutting board with cellophane wrap to keep it clean..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper (on one side) and sprinkle with katakuriko (both sides). Tip: Cover the cutting board with plastic wrap to keep it clean..
- For 1 portion, use 2 pieces each of pork, lotus root and shiso leaves. Lay the pork first, then the shiso leaf and then the lotus root. Repeat again to make two layers..
- Wrap the other slice of pork over the first wrapped pork. Omit the shiso leaf for kids..
- (Medium heat) Pour 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a pan and brown both sides. ※ Grill enough to let the meat brown a little. Wipe out the excess oil if there is too much coming out from the meat..
- Add the seasoning and cover with a lid. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat. Flip occasionally…
- Dish it up and then it's done..
- This shiso leaf-less version is for kids..
- Great in bentos too..