Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version).
You can cook Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) using 14 easy ingredients and 9 simple steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version)
- You need 1 of section Lotus root.
- Prepare 2 of Fresh shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ●Katakuriko.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ●Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of ●Soy sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of ●Salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of ●Pepper.
- You need 1 dash of ●Ginger (grated, including the juice).
- Prepare 500 ml of Dashi stock (kombu or shiitake mushroom based dashi, or dashi stock granules).
- You need 1 tsp of ■Beet sugar (or white sugar).
- It’s 1 pinch of ■Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ■Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ■Soy sauce.
- You need 1 of Green onions (finely sliced).
Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) step by step
- Chop the shiitake mushrooms finely. If you are not a vegetarian, you can use 50 g of peeled and chopped shrimp instead..
- Peel the lotus root, cut into half lengthwise and soak in water with a little vinegar (about 1 teaspoon of vinegar with enough water to cover the lotus root) to get rid of the astringency..
- Grate the soaked lotus root and squeeze it out lightly to eliminate some of the moisture. Add the shiitake mushrooms or shrimp from Step 1 to the grated lotus root in a bowl..
- Add the seasoning ingredients to Step 3, and knead gently with your hands to bring everything together. Taste and adjust the seasonings (you can add a little sugar at this point.) If you are not a vegetarian, add 1/2 of an egg white to make the dumplings light and fluffy..
- When the flavor is to your taste, form the mixture into about ping-pong sized dumplings. I could make 8 to 9 dumplings with these ingredients..
- Wrap up each dumpling in a piece of plastic wrap. Twist the ends tightly..
- Microwave the wrapped dumplings from Step 6 for 2 minutes, then take off the plastic. Your chewy lotus root dumplings are done!.
- Make the clear soup: Add the flavoring ingredients to 500 ml of dashi (make the dashi stock with kombu and shiitake mushrooms, or use dashi stock granules.).
- Heat up the Step 8 mixture, add the Step 7 lotus root dumplings and bring to a boil (don't heat for too long). Ladle into serving bowls, sprinkle in some chopped green onion and it's done..