Lotus Root and Sesame Salad.
This Yummy Lotus Root and Sesame Salad using 12 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Lotus Root and Sesame Salad
- You need 200 grams of lotus root.
- It’s 1/3 of of a carrot.
- Prepare 50 grams of green beans.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 100 ml of dashi stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of heaping teaspoon Japanese mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white sesame paste.
Lotus Root and Sesame Salad step by step
- Peel the lotus root, and slice into 2 mm thick. Soak in plenty of water and wash well. Change the water 2 to 3 times until the water is no longer cloudy..
- Add a little vinegar to plenty of water, add the washed lotus root slices and soak for about 10 minutes. Rinse off the lotus root slices under running water, and drain in a sieve..
- Cut the carrot into quarters and slice into 2 mm thick. Parboil the green onions in salted water, and cut into thirds..
- Put the sesame oil, lotus root and carrot in a pan and cook over high heat. Stir fry for about a minute, then add the dashi stock, soy sauce, sugar and mirin. Stir fry as you simmer down the liquid..
- Keep stirring until there liquid in the pan is almost gone. Transfer to a bowl, and leave to cool..
- Grind the sesame paste quickly in a grinding bowl. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and mix. Add the stir-fried vegetables from step 5 and boiled green beans. Mix well and serve..