Lotus Root Soup with Peanuts. Lotus root soup can be boiled any time of the year but this slow-cooked Chinese soup is commonly served during Chinese New Year for its auspicious significance. Lotus roots signify abundance while peanuts signify wealth. Put together, this soup literally means prosperity in abundance every year.
Add water and cook with a soup or bones procedure. Double-boiled soups are very similar to simmered soups except that moist heat is used to ensure gentle cooking. This method is used for herbal soups and delicate ingredients like bird's nests and sharks fins. This Perfect Lotus Root Soup with Peanuts using 7 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Lotus Root Soup with Peanuts
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raw peanuts (optional).
- You need of chicken/pork ribs.
- You need 1 handful of dried goji (optional).
- Prepare 10 of dried red dates.
- Prepare of dried cuttlefish (optional).
- You need 1 of long lotus root (sliced into thin).
- It’s to taste of salt.
Lotus Root and Peanut Soup is one of my favorite simmered soups. Lotus root with peanuts is one of my favourite Chinese soups. Lotus root and peanuts is a great pairing in a Chinese soup, and personally I won't cook this dish if I ran out of peanuts. I love the texture of slightly crunchy peanuts so if you like softer ones, you will need to simmer the soup for a bit longer.
Lotus Root Soup with Peanuts step by step
- In a small bowl, add peanuts and hot boiling water in. Soak them for 30 mins..
- Do the same for dried goji for 15 mins..
- Blanch the pork with hot water..
- Add water to the large pot and add all the ingredients on high heat..
- Once the water boiling, turn it to low heat and cook for an hour..
- Add salt to taste..
Lotus root and pork soup is a simple, yet nourishing soup made with healthy lotus root and goji berries. When I think about this Lotus Root and Pork Soup (莲藕排骨汤), a very happy childhood memory comes to mind. When I was little and living in Hubei, the lotus harvest was always such a. Lotus root has a sweet flowery aroma and a refreshing taste that perfectly paired with pork and peanuts. The lotus root will turn soft after stewing, starchy Soft peanuts are preferred for this soup.