Pasta alla Puttanesca with Handmade Black Pasta.
This Perfect Pasta alla Puttanesca with Handmade Black Pasta using 15 simple ingredients and 18 simple steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Pasta alla Puttanesca with Handmade Black Pasta
- Prepare of or use storebought pasta instead The pasta ingredients.
- It’s 100 grams of or so Durum semolina.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 dash of of a good quality oil Olive oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of Natural Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Squid ink.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 1 of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Red chili pepper.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of bit less than 1/2 teaspoon Anchovy paste.
- Prepare 1 small of can Canned tuna.
- You need 1 of the same amount as the tuna Tomato sauce or puree.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Capers.
- You need 1 tbsp of Black olives.
Pasta alla Puttanesca with Handmade Black Pasta step by step
- Put the durum semolina in a large bowl, and form a well in the middle. Put the other pasta ingredients in the well..
- Mix up the ingredients in the well with a fork. Gradually crumble the semolina 'wall' around it to mix in..
- When it's more or less mixed together, start kneading..
- Knead the dough well and form a ball. Leave the dough to rest for a while (If the dough is stiff, add a little water to adjust.).
- Roll the rested dough about 3 to 5 mm thick (no. 3 on the thickness dial on a pasta machine)..
- Fold the dough into thirds..
- Roll the folded dough again to 3-5 mm thickness..
- Fold the dough again, tucking in the ragged edges..
- Roll the dough out to your desired thickness. The dough in the photo is rolled out with no. 5 on the thickness dial of the pasta machine..
- Dust both sides of the rolled out dough with flour..
- Cut the dough. If you don't have a pasta machine, flour the dough well and slice with a knife..
- Dry the pasta out for 10 minutes to an hour after cutting it so that the strands don't stick together. The pasta is done. You can dry it on a rack as shown in step 13..
- You can dry the pasta completely on a rack at this stage, but it becomes brittle so handle it carefully. By drying the pasta out, it becomes elastic..
- Make the sauce while the pasta dries. Put the sliced red chili pepper, garlic, olive oil and anchovy paste in a small pan, and stir fry until fragrant. Adjust the saltiness by adding more or less anchovy!.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and simmer..
- Boil the pasta for 1 to 3 minutes in plenty of boiling water. Add a little olive oil to the cooking water to prevent the pasta from sticking. Since puttanesca sauce is salty because of the anchovies, you don't need to salt the cooking water unlike with other pasta dishes..
- Serve the sauce on the pasta..
- If you want to fully enjoy the flavor of the black squid ink pasta on its own: Boil in salted water. Omit step 15 of the sauce making process. Sauté the pasta in the spicy garlic oil from step 14 with a little bit of the cooking water, and make a simple aglio, olio e peperoncino..