Mackerel Simmered in Sesame seeds and Miso.
This Yummy Mackerel Simmered in Sesame seeds and Miso using 11 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Mackerel Simmered in Sesame seeds and Miso
- You need 2 of Mackerel.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★Miso.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★Sake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★ Mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★ Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★Ground sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Gochujang.
- It’s 2 clove of Ginger.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
Mackerel Simmered in Sesame seeds and Miso step by step
- Pour hot water onto the mackerel cuts.（Prepare a large amount of boiled water, quickly immerse the mackerel, then soak in iced water.）.
- Take out the mackerel and blot excess water with a paper towel..
- Slice the ginger into thin strips and mince the garlic..
- Combine the ★ ingredients..
- Sauté the garlic in sesame oil and once it becomes aromatic, add the mackerel..
- Immediately add the ginger and the seasoning from Step 4 and add water enough to cover the mackerel. Mix by agitating the pan..
- Cook over high heat to boil then reduce to low-medium heat. Place a drop lid on top, then simmer for about 30 minutes..
- Once the soup has reduced to about 2/3 the amount, the flavour has soaked in..
- Serve with a large amount of ginger..