Rich Miso-Simmered Mackerel.
This Yummy Rich Miso-Simmered Mackerel using 10 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Rich Miso-Simmered Mackerel
- You need 2 of Mackerel.
- Prepare 100 ml of ● Sake.
- It’s 150 ml of ● Water.
- You need 3 tbsp of ● Sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of ● Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of ● Soy sauce.
- It’s 6 of ● Sliced ginger.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of Red miso.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 of Sesame oil.
Rich Miso-Simmered Mackerel step by step
- Remove the head and innards from the fish and chop into 3 pieces. Wash well with cold water, especially the blood near the spinal bone..
- Make a cross cut on the skin..
- Place in a colander and pour hot water in circular motion..
- Put the ● ingredients into a pot and heat. Once boiled, add the fish and avoid overlapping the pieces. Make a "drop lid" by cutting parchment paper the same size of the pot and lay on top of the fish. Simmer for 5 minutes in medium heat..
- Dissolve the miso, oyster sauce, and sesame oil and cook for 15 minutes. Spoon the broth over the fish occasionally..
- When the broth has reduced by 2/3 and it has become thick and starchy, it's done..