Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage.
This Yummy Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage using 14 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage
- You need 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, minced.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of butter at first, plus 1 to 2 Tablespoons butter to thicken sauce later.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- You need 3 of tomatoes, cut into a 1/4-inch dice.
- Prepare of the zest of a lemon.
- Prepare 6 oz. of Andouille or other smoked sausage, cut into 1/4" thick slices (They usually come in 12 to 13.5 ounce packages, so ~ half.).
- You need 1-4 teaspoons of cayenne, depending on how hot you like things.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2-1 teaspoon of kosher salt (depending on how salty the sausage you use and how salty you like your food).
- It’s 2.5 pounds of shrimp (I recommend at least a 21/25 count).
- Prepare 1 of +1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock.
- It’s 2 of green onions chopped for garnish.
- Prepare of lemon wedges.
Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage step by step
- In a large pan or pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter with 1 Tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes and lemon zest and saute until the onions are translucent..
- Turn the heat up to medium high, add sausage, cayenne, salt and pepper, and saute until the sausages are lightly browned on both sides..
- Add the shrimp, chicken stock, and 1 Tablespoon of butter and stir to scrape all the fond from the pan and distribute all the ingredients and seasonings evenly..
- Let the shrimp cook for 4 or 5 minutes before stirring again to redistribute them and cook another 5 to 7 minutes, or until all the shrimp just turn orange from cooking through, no longer..
- Serve sprinkled with chopped green onion and some steamed rice or crusty bread on the side to enjoy all that delicious resulting sauce and soppage. Lemon wedges on the side if you like a little extra tang with your shrimp like we do..
- Enjoy! :).