Tomato Mussel Stew.
You can cook Tomato Mussel Stew using 11 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Tomato Mussel Stew
- It’s 1 Package of Mussels in Garlic and Butter Sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of Small package Prosciutto, finely diced.
- You need 2 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Can of San Marzano Tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Marsala, fine dry.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s of Italian Spice Mix.
- It’s 1 of Shallot, finely diced.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
Tomato Mussel Stew instructions
- Finely dice the Shallot and prosciutto. Heat the butter and olive oil in a Dutch oven or Medium Pan with a tight lid, about a minute..
- Add the Shallot and Prosciutto and cook about 5 minutes. Prepare the Mussels in Garlic and Butter Sauce, per package directions (microwave instructions are fine and save a load of time and effort)..
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper, tomatoes, marsala and salt. Cook another 5 minutes on simmer, covered..
- Add the cooked mussels to the sauce and cook another 5 minutes on a low simmer..
- Serve the stew in bowls with sliced french bread to soak up the stew. Sprinkle Italian herbs, (and parmesan or shredded cheddar cheese.).