Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast. Made with fresh shrimp, spicy tomatoes and creamy cheesy polenta. Grits/polenta, do you think they are the same? Although I normally consider grits something I eat for breakfast (with lots of butter and salt and occasionally some brown sugar) and polenta something I eat as a.
Cook over medium heat until hot. Pour polenta into boiling mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until polenta thickens, approx. You can cook Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast using 20 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast
- It’s of For the shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of lg shrimp, peeled, deveined, & butterflied.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- You need to taste of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s Squeeze of lemon juice.
- It’s of For the polenta.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, deseeded, and minced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of fine ground cornmeal.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 3 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s Touch of Cajun spice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need of Louisiana hot sauce.
- Prepare of More shredded cheddar cheese to put on top of polenta.
This shrimp and polenta recipe was the backdrop for a recent dinner with our friend Leah. She's a dear, vibrant soul who has known us since before The shrimp, tomatoes, garlic and a bit of parsley are spooned over creamy polenta, basically a fancy Italian version of grits. This Italian-style, "shrimp and grits" approaches the popular pairing from a Mediterranean point of view with tomatoes and herbs instead of cheese If the polenta has thickened/firmed up too much in the interim, stir in the reserved boiling water, a few tablespoons at a time, to make it smooth and soft again. The Best Polenta Breakfast Recipes on Yummly
Brad's shrimp and creamy polenta breakfast step by step
- Heat a large heavy bottomed pot. Add a touch of oil. Saute on medium low heat onion, jalapeño, and garlic until onions become translucent..
- Meanwhile, heat a LG non stick frying pan on medium heat. Add butter. When butter clarifies, add shrimp and Cajun spices. Saute 1 1/2 minutes. The butter will brown. Stir constantly. Add wine and lemon juice. Reduce liquid almost completely. Remove shrimp to a bowl and pour all of the pan sauce over the top. Wash pan to reuse..
- Once onion is sweated out, add water, milk, cajun spice, and chicken bouillon to the pot. Slowly bring to a boil..
- While this is happening, fry 2 eggs to your liking. I go Sunnyside up so the yolk soaks down onto the polenta..
- When pot is boiling slowly whisk in cornmeal. Stir constantly until polenta is soft and smooth without lumps..
- Plate polenta. Top with more cheese. Arrange shrimp around the outside. Top with eggs. Add hot sauce if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Breakfast Polenta, Breakfast Polenta, Breakfast Polenta Breakfast Polenta Bowlsspoon fork bacon. white cheddar cheese, black pepper, potatoes, salt, extra-virgin olive Spinach Smoothie Recipes. Garlic Shrimp In Yogurt Sauce Recipes. Breakfast recipes: Satisfyingly creamy pudding and polenta dishes. In the morning, you want something that goes down easy, takes minutes to prepare and tastes great. These two breakfast recipes fit the bill.