Tempeh and Anchovy Burger. So, right when we were about to throw in the towel and forget the whole thing, we put together this tempeh and black bean veggie burger recipe that ended working beautifully. A delicious veggie burger is made with tempeh and holds together so well you can cook it on the grill! Added bonus, it's packed with plant-based protein But that's how good this tempeh burger is!
Tempeh Super BBQ Burger. by Meghan Telpner. Cut tempeh up into cubes and toss into a food processor and process until into small pieces, or finely chop. In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground tempeh, onion, zucchini, broccoli stock, brown rice, arrowroot starch, balsamic. This Yummy Tempeh and Anchovy Burger using 17 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Tempeh and Anchovy Burger
- You need 2 of burger buns.
- Prepare of Cheese.
- It’s of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Tomato.
- Prepare of Lettuce.
- You need of Chili sauce (if you like it spicy).
- You need of Patty.
- Prepare 100 g of Tempeh.
- It’s 80 g of Anchovy.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of soysauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 Tbsp of bread flour.
- You need 1 Tbsp of margarine/butter.
- Prepare 50 g of bread crumbs.
- You need pinch of salt and pepper.
Tempeh is a dense fermented-soy cake that has a firm, pleasantly chewy texture. Find our tempeh burger recipe and more at Chatelaine.com. Tempeh is a dense fermented-soy cake that has a firm, pleasantly chewy texture. Often it is mixed with separately fried peanuts and anchovies (ikan teri).
Tempeh and Anchovy Burger step by step
- Cut tempeh into dice and steam it for 15-20 minutes. Put steamed tempeh into a bowl and mash it with fork. Set aside..
- Remove the heads and inwards of anchovy. Finely chop anchovy and garlics..
- Heat the pan and melt margarine or butter. Put garlic, stir it until fragrance and add anchovy. Cook it about 5 minutes until anchovies cooked. Set aside.
- Mix cooked anchovy with mashed tempeh. Add all purpose flour, bread flour, soy sauce, salt, pepper and 3/4 part of beaten egg (the rest will be used for coating the patty). Mix it well..
- Divide patty dough into two. Shape into patty about 5 inches wide (depends on the wide of burger bun).
- Put patty into egg mixture and coat it with bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil with low fire and fry patty until it becomes golden brown..
- Spread butter on burger bun, and grilled it for 3 minutes.
- Put mayonnaise and other ingredients on burger as you like.
- Tempeh and Anchovy Burger is ready to serve 🍔✨.
This dry tempeh will keep for up to a month if cooked and stored properly. Today I'm giving you one of my favorite veggie burger recipes! This one is so easy to assemble and it goes straight from food processor to pan! These yummy vegan burgers are made with tempeh, red kidney beans, and my secret ingredient for improving the texture of a veggie burger: tortilla chips! Instead of the tomato, try the burgers with marinated roasted peppers.