Tuna casserole. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Whether you like it old-school or with a twist, you'll find a tuna casserole recipe the whole family will love. Easy Tuna Casserole "Family loves the taste; I love how easy it is to make!" – Danie Chamberlain-Jordan.
Tuna casserole is a family favorite, and great for serving large groups. In this tuna casserole recipe from Martha Stewart, we cut the sauce with chicken broth, but there's still enough milk to make this tuna casserole feel indulgent. Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well. This Delicious Tuna casserole using 8 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna casserole
- You need 2 cans of tuna in water.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 can of peas.
- It’s 1 stick of butter or 1/2 cup butter.
- You need 1 c of shredded cheddar jack.
- You need 2 of boxs any preferred mac and cheese.
- It’s of Hot sauce*optional.
- It’s 1/2 c of milk.
Looking for recipes for tuna casserole? Taste of Home has the best tuna casserole recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Our great tuna casserole variations include fresh and frozen vegetables, noodles, gooey cheeses, and toppers like potato chips. You're sure to find a tuna casserole recipe you'll love!
Tuna casserole step by step
- Remove the cheese powder packets from the macaroni and set aside..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and stir. Cook the noodles for 7-9 minutes. Add the peas during the last 2 minutes that the pasta cooks. Drain..
- Return the pasta and peas to the pan and add the butter, milk, cheese powder, Cheddar and tuna. Stir well..
- Serve and enjoy. I add salt and pepper and hot sauce to my bowl when making my plate..
Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until butter melts. Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Tuna Casserole is right up there with meatloaf and scalloped potatoes when it comes to comfort food. It's been a family favorite for generations! Flaky tuna is tossed with egg noodles, peas, celery, and mushroom soup.