Mussels Two Ways.
You can cook Mussels Two Ways using 15 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of Mussels Two Ways
- It’s 1 of Ke Mussels.
- Prepare of In broth.
- It’s 2-3 inches of Ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 head of garlic.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 2-3 of stevia 2g packets or 1/2 Sprite.
- You need 1 bunch of chilli leaves.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Baked.
- You need 1/4 head of garlic.
- You need 1/8 bar of butter.
- It’s of Any cheese in fridge (quick melt).
Mussels Two Ways instructions
- Remove beard and clean mussels well with a toothbrush under running water. Scrape off any white spots with a knife..
- In a pot, heat oil and sauté the onions, garlic and ginger..
- Once onions are translucent, place 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, drop in mussels, add enough water to reach the mussels on top of the pot (water would depend on your pot size. Less water = more flavour). Sprinkle some fresh ground pepper and a dash of salt. Cover..
- Simmer until shells open. Remove any scum rising to the top. Remove any shells that did not open. At this point you can choose shells for your Baked Mussels dish and set aside..
- MAKING YOUR BROTH DISH: Continue simmering the pot. Add your fish sauce and Sprite or stevia (if sugar free is preferred). Taste and adjust according to desired saltiness (add more fish sauce) and ginger spiciness. Once achieved you can add your chilli leaves and simmer 2-3 minutes more. Taste and notice the difference, delicious!.
- MAKING YOUR BAKED DISH: In an oven pan arrange your half shells. Add or insert butter slices to each mussel. Top with chopped garlic and a slice or shredded cheese. Another way is to add your garlic to mashed butter. This cooks the garlic better when you top it to the mussels..
- Heat in oven until butter bubbles and cheese melts. Remember, this is already cooked so don't leave it too long, meat might get tough. (In picture: the brown ones, I added Korean bean/chilli paste just to try it). 👍.