Pecan crusted cod with a buerre blanc sauce. Beurre blanc is a butter-based emulsified sauce that's perfect with fish and seafood. With beurre blanc, on the other hand, we use whole butter, and it's important to keep it as cold as possible. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the pecan crust.
Try it with swordfish, snapper, flounder or any fish with a relatively high fat content, as lean fish are more prone to dry out when baked. This elegant combination of a basic white fish like cod with a simple butter-based sauce is a starting point for any number of variations. Baked Halibut crusted with a lemon Romano cheese breadcrumb mixture is absolutely delicious! You can cook Pecan crusted cod with a buerre blanc sauce using 17 easy ingredients and 9 simple steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Pecan crusted cod with a buerre blanc sauce
- It’s of Pecan Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of pecans, roasted.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Fish.
- You need 2 of cod fillets (6oz).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s of Buerre Blanc.
- Prepare 2 of shallots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 5 tbsp of unsalted butter, cold, cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
You'll love serving this restaurant style meal in your own Halibut is one of my favorite fish and my light and flavorful bread crumb topping is a delicious and easy way to prepare it. Place shallot, bay leaf, peppercorns, vinegar, and wine in a saucepan. Strain the beurre blanc through a strainer to remove solids. Carefully fold in the lump crabmeat and correct seasonings.
Pecan crusted cod with a buerre blanc sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 400'F..
- In a food processor, combine the pecans and bread crumbs then puree..
- Season fish. Heat oil in pan..
- Add fish to pan and sear for 2 minutes..
- Flip fish then add pecan crust mixture on top of fish. Then place pan in oven..
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until fish is cooked and crust is golden brown..
- In a small sauce pot, combine the shallots, garlic, and wine together. Bring up to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Reduce the wine by half. Then whisk in the butter one cube at a time. Then season. Should be a nice and thick sauce..
- Serve on top of burre blanc sauce..
Keep sauce warm while fish is Thanks – it's very rich, but I liked the tang that the horseradish gave the sauce. It's equally good with a couple of finely chopped shallots instead of. Roast Rock Cod with Fennel and Beurre Blanc. Seared Sea Scallops with Sauteed Wild Mushrooms, Fresh Herb Salad, and Roasted Garlic Beurre Blanc. Use the sharp knife to vent the pastry in the middle of the fish if desired.