Bacalhau in Artichoke Cream Sauce.
This Delicious Bacalhau in Artichoke Cream Sauce using 16 easy ingredients and 9 simple steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Bacalhau in Artichoke Cream Sauce
- Prepare 2 of medium pieces of bachalau (salted cod).
- Prepare 3 of medium red potatoes (peeled and sliced).
- It’s 1 of yellow onion diced.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of quartered artichoke hearts.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of dried tarragon.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s of Kosher salt.
Bacalhau in Artichoke Cream Sauce step by step
- You must soak the Bacalhau in fresh water for at least 24 hours. During this initial soak change the water out at least once, the longer you soak and change the water out the less salty the fish will be..
- With a sharp knife remove the skin & any bones from the fish then cut the fish into 3/4 in pieces..
- In a large oven save pan heat the olive oil and 1 tbsp of the butter until it is hot. Then sear the fish pieces until light golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes per side) then remove to a separate plate..
- Add the onion and garlic to the remaining oil in the pan and sauté until the onions start to turn translucent..
- Add the artichokes, potatoes, and paprika to the pan and allow to heat for about 3 minutes..
- Add the fish, cream, wine, thyme, tarragon, lemon juice remaining butter and bay leaf to the pan and bring to a simmer..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover the top of the mixture with the parmesan cheese cover and place in the oven for approximately 35-40 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes remove the bay leaf then serve and enjoy..