Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce. Fresh mussels steamed in tomato sauce and served over pasta is the ultimate comfort food! Luckily, fresh mussels are readily available these days AND they are easy to prepare. One of my favorite comfort foods is a big bowl of mussels with crusty bread.
Remove the seeds and dice neatly. Heat a little of the butter in a. Slideshow: More Sea Bass Recipes From SUPER TUSCAN by Debi Mazar and Freshly ground black pepper. You can have Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce using 14 easy ingredients and 10 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce
- Prepare 1 of fillet sea bass.
- It’s 50 g of carrots diced.
- It’s 50 g of White radish diced.
- Prepare 400 g of Mussels.
- You need 1 kg of Fish bones and trimmings.
- Prepare 2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- You need of Thyme.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Fine salt.
- You need of Black pepper coarse.
- You need of Dill.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare 700 ml of White wine.
Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for serving. To make the sauce: Heat the oil and anchovies in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. mussels, scrubbed and debearded. San Marzano plum tomatoes—known for their pure tomato flavor—are the secret supermarket find in this super quick simmering sauce. Crusty baguette is a must-have to soak up the extra sauce.
Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce instructions
- Roast fish bones and trimmings in the oven till golden brown..
- Add butter into a pot, saute chopped onions and leek till transculent. Add in the caramelized bones and trimmings and add water to cover the bones..
- Add in mussels, 500 ml white wine, rosemary, dill and thyme..
- Cook for 15 minutes, remove mussels and continue to simmer the sauce for another hour till it reduces to by 2/3..
- Strain the concentrated sauce, and bring it back to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to your liking and pour the remaining wine in. Let it reduces by half, and start adding cold butter while stirring constantly until a shine forms on the sauce..
- Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Set aside sauce.
- In another pan, heat olive oil and cook the fish skin side down first. Each side cooks for 3 minutes..
- Flip the fish and start adding cold butter, thyme and garlic. Start to baste the fish (spooning the melted butter with the herbs in it over the fish over and over again).
- Remove and let the fish rest for 2-3 minutes..
- Pour sauce, garnish with chopped carrots and radish. Plate the fish..
Serve with mixed greens tossed with Italian vinaigrette. Prep tip: Check the mussels while you clean them. Sea bass always make for a wonderful supper, make it extra special with a creamy saffron sauce. Just before serving add the mussels and chervil. Heat a medium saucepan of boiling water and. seabass with mussels and king prawn in tomato and chilli sauce – Picture of Martino's Restaurant, Seaham.