Simmered Pacific Saury – Bones 'n All!.
This Appetizing Simmered Pacific Saury – Bones 'n All! using 7 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Simmered Pacific Saury – Bones 'n All!
- You need 5 of Raw Pacific saury (sanma).
- Prepare of 《For the sauce》.
- You need 100 ml of each Soy sauce, vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 of Thinly sliced ginger.
Simmered Pacific Saury – Bones 'n All! step by step
- Remove the fish heads and cut into 2-3 chunks..
- You don't have to remove the guts, but if you don't like the bitterness, then do so..
- Combine the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil..
- Add the fish, and cover with a drop lid (otoshibuta). Simmer for about an hour. Watch over the pot so the sauce doesn't boil down – low to medium heat should be fine..
- When the sauce has almost evaporated and the fish is shiny, it's done..