Delicious Simmered Sea Bream with Sauce.
You can cook Delicious Simmered Sea Bream with Sauce using 9 easy ingredients and 24 easy steps. This is guide how achieve that.
Ingredients of Delicious Simmered Sea Bream with Sauce
- You need 1 of one fish Sea Bream offcuts.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt for preparation.
- You need 2 of thumb-sized pieces Ginger.
- It’s 1 cup of Sake.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Soft light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce for the finishing touch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mirin for the finishing touch.
Delicious Simmered Sea Bream with Sauce step by step
- Let's start with preparation . Make sure you do it properly. If done right, there will be no fishy smell..
- In order to get rid of the fishy smell, make sure to wash the fish in running water, and make sure to thoroughly rinse out the fish blood. Make sure to spread out the fins and wash them thoroughly as well..
- Don't wash the fish in dirty water or leave the fish in the water for too long, either. Consider yourself lucky if you find milt..
- Next, make sure to cover both the front and back of the fish with lots of salt. The salt will suck up the fishy smell, and it will rinse out with water..
- Place the fish on a colander that won't get the meat stuck to it as it drains, and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Use this time to bring a generous amount of hot water to a boil..
- 20 minutes later. Place the fish in the boiling water, turning it over from front to back occasionally in order to wash out the salt. Make sure to do it in the colander . (Washing in hot water).
- After that, if you wash the fish under running water in the sink (rubbing with your fingers), the scales will come off easily. Rinse out the salt along with the fish smell ..
- However, the scales around the head are tough, and they will not come out easily..
- Stick just the head in hot water for about 10 seconds. After that, if you take the fish out and wash it again, the scales will fall off..
- Wash the entire fish in hot water, rinse with cold water, and put in the colander. That's all for the preparation..
- These are the ingredients. The ginger is sliced and boiled together with the fish. Let's cut the ginger for decoration into thin strips, and soak briefly in water..
- This time, the fish was very clean, so it didn't interfere with the aromas from the other ingredients. It also tastes great if you boil it together with burdock root, if you like..
- Add sake, and 1-1.5 cups of soy sauce, sugar (soft brown sugar), and mirin. Bring to a strong boil over high heat..
- Make sure to put the fish in when the pot is boiling. If you don't, then it will smelly fishy..
- Drop the fish in the boiling water, and cover with a paper towel (otoshibuta)..
- Don't cover with a lid. If you do, then, the fishy smell will circulate in the pot and seep into the fish..
- Keep using strong heat until the very end. It should take about 4-5 minutes. Don't add the ginger right away. If you do, it will be bitter. Make sure to add it in mid-way..
- Cover again with a paper towel. Once the broth starts boiling beneath the cover, it will begin to move around..
- Open the cover from time to time, and spoon the broth over the exposed fish pieces..
- Once the broth has mostly evaporated, add soy sauce and mirin for the finishing touches. As the broth gradually evaporates, It will thicken to the point where you can pull a thin string out with a utensil..
- Things with sugar caramelize as they boil down, right? Try and use that as a frame of reference as you boil it down..
- After the broth thickens, it is finished. Serve on dishes and decorate with ginger. If the broth is smooth, then it's ok to just boil down the broth in the pan..
- Because it's cooked at high temperatures for a short period of time, the inside of the fish should be soft and juicy. The flavoring does not seep into the fish. Fish are also protein, right?.
- If you overcook it, then it will just harden. I've tried boiling fish several times, and once I figured out this issue, I still have this problem..