shrimp and grits with chorizo cream sauce. Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce #SundaySupperSoulfully Made. Shrimp and Grits with Tasso Cream SauceMenu Musings of a Modern American Mom. Add smoky flavors to your shrimps by adding longganisa and chorizo!
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in grits; sprinkle with salt. Grits have a subtle corn flavor and tend to have a neutral taste, which makes them a wonderful base. You can have shrimp and grits with chorizo cream sauce using 28 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of shrimp and grits with chorizo cream sauce
- You need of grit cake.
- It’s 2 cup of grits.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 cup of smoked gouda.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of spice mix for cream sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of smoked paparika/sweet.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s of chorizo cream suace/ per serving.
- You need 4 of shrimp.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of spice mix.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced chorizo.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced shallot.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked jalapeno.
- You need 1 tbsp of red bell pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
Categories: Sauce Recipes Shellfish Recipes Shrimp Chorizo Sausage Recipes Main Dish. Penne with Shrimp and Herbed Cream Sauce. Garlic Butter Shrimp is tasty, spicy, and delicious. It makes a great appetizer before dinner or to serve at a party, but but can also be the perfect main dish!
shrimp and grits with chorizo cream sauce step by step
- grit cake bring broth, cream, salt, pepper(to taste) and garlic to a boil then bring to a simmer.
- pour in grits and stir till they start to thicken then add shredded gouda once finished, pour into baking dish and place in the cooler for 30 min.
- once cool, use a ring mold to cut "cakes" out then dust with corn starch and fry till golden brown (will be crunchy on outside and creamy inside).
- shrimp and chorizo cream sauce in a pan place butter,shrimp,shallot,chorizo,jalapeno,bell pepper, saute till shrimp are about half way cooked.
- add spice mix, mix well then add cream reduce till sauce thickens.
- plating place grit cake in center put one shrimp on each side of cake then pour sauce over everything. garnish with scallion and more shredded gouda.
The garlic flavor is so good, and it is just the right amount of spicy. This lemon garlic shrimp recipe is so easy to make, and doesn't take long at all. Shrimp and Grits is a classic Southern dish that's quick and easy enough for a busy weeknight meal. I share two different ways you can make the grits. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, then add the grits and salt.