Breaded clams in tomato sauce. Stir the clams into the tomato sauce and heat through, stirring. Add the parsley or cilantro, stir again, and serve in wide soup bowls. Drizzle a little olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice over each serving if you wish.
It is a quick and simple recipe that is colorful and appealing for breakfast, or as a mid-afternoon or evening snack. Vongole Italiane in Salsa di Pomodoro (Italian Clams in Tomato Sauce) is a classic Italian seafood dish. Photo "Clams in tomato sauce" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. You can have Breaded clams in tomato sauce using 13 easy ingredients and 3 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Breaded clams in tomato sauce
- It’s of Clam ingredients.
- You need 1 can of drained clams.
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of either heavy cream or sour cream.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of red pepper flakes to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
Baked Beans With Canned Beans Vegetarian Recipes. Fagiolini in umido (Green Beans in Tomato Sauce)Memorie di Angelina. Clams in Butter & Tomato sauce is our version of clam-recipe that provides soothing effects after a taste of it's creamy soup and meat. By sauteing onions, garlic in a pan with carrots and celery in a pan, adding tomatoes seasoning and fresh herbs – it's that easy!
Breaded clams in tomato sauce step by step
- In a sauce pan set on medium high add butter, onion and garlic and cook until the onion is almost translucent (about 3-4 mins) and mix together the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and bread crumbs..
- Coat the clams in the bread crumb mix and add to the pan. Cook until the clams are lightly browned..
- Add the remaining ingredients (except cream) to the pan and turn heat to medium low and cook until thickened (about 10 minutes) then add cream, cook another 3-4 minutes and serve over pasta of your choice..
Lay the clams in the sauce and toss with a large spoon so they are well coated and some of the sauce is on the top. Squeeze in the lemon juice and shower with chopped parsley. Cook until softened and light Clam and Tomato Stew Cooking Tips. When selecting freshly caught clams, pick those with shells that are still tightly closed. Add the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste and some salt and pepper to taste.