Mahi Mahi With Creole Sauce.
This Appetizing Mahi Mahi With Creole Sauce using 10 easy ingredients and 3 easy steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Mahi Mahi With Creole Sauce
- It’s 2 of Red bell peppers, chopped.
- You need 2 of Green bell peppers, chopped.
- You need 1 medium of White onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 lb of Mahi Mahi filet (other firm white fish is good. I've made this with Chilean Sea Bass, also).
- You need 3 tbsp of Sofrito (more or less depending on your taste).
- It’s 1 can of Tomato sauce, small.
- You need 5 of Plum tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1/2 stick of Butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
Mahi Mahi With Creole Sauce step by step
- Sauté red and green peppers and onion in olive oil until slightly soft..
- While they are sautéing, season fish with salt and pepper, both sides. Melt butter in saucepan on medium heat. Add fish, skin side down. Cover and cook, periodically basting with melted butter, until side of fish looks cooked. Flip fish to cook on the other side..
- When vegetables are softened, add sofrito, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes. When done, pour over fish in pan to allow fish to soak up some of the flavor. Serve with a side of rice, if desired..