Tuna cakes with curried onions and curry sauce. Mix the cornstarch tuna, and pepper. Combine soup, undrained pineapple, green pepper, chives and curry powder in medium saucepan. Add tuna chunks and heat thoroughly.
I have a feeling that title may turn off more than a few people-some dislike curry, some tuna, and perhaps a few more are queasing at the ideation of hot tuna. Crispy on the outside & smooth on the inside, these Tuna Fish Cakes are the perfect way to use up some cupboard staples for an easy and delicious lunch! *This recipe has been updated for extra deliciousness! Tasty before, even tastier now* Mashed Potato Tuna Patties. You can cook Tuna cakes with curried onions and curry sauce using 15 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Tuna cakes with curried onions and curry sauce
- It’s of cakes.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 10 oz of of canned tuna.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of curried onions.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of seasoned salt I used Lawerys brand.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of curry sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dill weed.
I've tried out a few different versions of tuna cakes and in my opinion using mashed potato is essential. Stir together the salt and water in a non-reactive bowl until the salt has dissolved. A jacket potato is a baked potato that has a crunchy skin on the outside with a soft and perfect texture on the inside. You can fill it with all sorts of fillings from keeping it simple with butter to adding all the fixings.
Tuna cakes with curried onions and curry sauce instructions
- Mix the cornstarch tuna, and pepper. Form into cakes. Then fry in oil. Get crunchy on both sides. Set on paper towels..
- Heat pan add butter. Fry the onions adding curry powder and seasoned salt..
- When the onions are just becoming caramelized they are done. Add to top of cakes..
- Mix the mayonnaise, curry powder, and dill weed..
- Serve, hope you enjoy!.
This recipe for a Curried Tuna Stuffed Sweet Potato is my vegan twist on the traditional baked potato we all know and love. Tuna Sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium gas flame and lightly fry onions, garlic, ginger and cinnamon. Add crumbled stock cube, paprika, curry powder, bay leaves, mixed herbs, vinegar and chopped tomatoes. Add drained tuna and heat thoroughly (adding water if necessary). Over low to moderate heat, saute onion, garlic, and your vegetable of choice in butter. (If you use tuna packed in oil, you can drain the oil and use that to saute the onions.) Season with salt and curry powder and continue to saute until veggies are tender.