Tuscan Shrimp in creamy garlic sauce.
This Delicious Tuscan Shrimp in creamy garlic sauce using 14 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Tuscan Shrimp in creamy garlic sauce
- It’s 24 oz of large shrimp, tails on.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of butter, I use unsalted.
- You need 3 C of fresh spinach, trim stems.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of dried Italian herbs, or 1 tsp each: dried basil,.
- It’s of oregano and parsley.
- It’s 1 of small vidalia onion, diced.
- Prepare 5 oz of sun dried tomato strips, drain off oil.
- It’s 3/4 C of white wine.
- It’s 1 3/4 C of half and half.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp pepper.
- It’s 1 C of fresh parmesan cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch, 1 Tbsp cold water to thicken sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
Tuscan Shrimp in creamy garlic sauce step by step
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Melt 2 Tbsp butter and saute garlic for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side (until pink). Put in a bowl and set aside..
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter and cook onion for 2-3 minutes until softened. Pour in white wine and let this reduce a little. Add the sundried tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes..
- Reduce heat down to medium-low and add the half and half. Bring to a simmer stirring frequently. Now add S&P..
- Add the spinach leaves and let them wilt into the sauce. Add the parmesan cheese and simmer for another minute. Add the water/cornstarch mixture and keep simmering and stirring until sauce thickens..
- Put shrimp back in the pan; sprinkle in the herbs and chopped parsley. Stir together and simmer for a few minutes to heat everything together..
- Serve over pasta..