Brad's prawns in black bean and lemongrass sauce. Black bean sauce kicks stir-fried shrimp into the stratosphere in this quick and easy weeknight recipe. Try it on its own or over your favorite rice! Chinese black bean sauce makes the perfect accompaniment to shrimp in this simple stir-fry.
The prawns in black bean sauce is one of the best recipes on our menu. King prawns have the best flavour when cooked in any type of sauce. Today, we have one of the best evening recipes for you to try out. This Appetizing Brad's prawns in black bean and lemongrass sauce using 15 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Brad's prawns in black bean and lemongrass sauce
- It’s of For the sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 5 tbs of garlic, black bean paste.
- You need 2 tbs of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of thin piece of crystallized ginger about 3" long, minced.
- Prepare 3 stalks of lemongrass, sliced paper thin.
- It’s of For the prawns.
- You need 1.5 lbs of large prawns, I used wild caught.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s of Garnish.
- You need of Sliced green onion.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds.
- It’s of Crystallized ginger.
For more recipes related to Prawns in Black Bean Sauce checkout Prawn Ambotik, Grilled Prawns with Burnt Kiwi Chutney, Karwari Prawn Curry, Malwani Prawns. Prawns, prawns and more of prawns. A wide variety of small crustaceans, tiny relatives of the lobster, are known as prawns. Getting bored of your usual midweek meals?
Brad's prawns in black bean and lemongrass sauce step by step
- Bring 1 cup of water and lemongrass to a rolling boil in a small saucepot, cover. When rolling, remove from heat and turn burner to lowest setting. Let burner cool. Place back on heat and steep lemongrass until liquid reduces by half. Strain out lemongrass..
- Mix the rest of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add 3 tbs lemongrass juice. Reserve the rest for a tea additive or other recipes..
- Place sauce mix in a small pot. Bring to a simmer, covered, over medium low heat to allow flavor to mingle. When at a simmer, use a cornstarch slurry to thicken to desired thickness..
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a LG frying pan. Add cleaned, butterflied prawns and ginger. Saute until prawns are cooked..
- Plate prawns, spoon sauce over the top. Garnish with sliced green onions,sesame seeds, and a small piece of crystallized ginger. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
We had gluten-free noodles with ours but mix it up and add rice or egg noodles or make it low carb with extra veggies. Add the sauce and stir fry until the prawns are just cooked, the sauce has thickened slightly and the cornflour has been cooked out. Combine with garlic and ginger and mash together until pasty. Stir fry prawns and salt until prawns turn pink. Add black bean mixture and stir until thickened.