Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce. These Pan Seared Scallops With White Wine Sauce were incredible. When butter melts into oil, add scallops. Seared Scallops And Remoulade Sauce, Pan-seared Scallops With Citrus Glaze, Seared Scallops With Preserved Lemon Relish.
The red wine sauce works wonders with the pan-fried scallops, but this should Sear the seasoned scallops on both sides in a non-stick pan with the oil. Arrange the scallops on the plate. Sweet sea scallops with a buttery herb butter sauce over linguine. You can have Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce using 12 easy ingredients and 9 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce
- You need 1 1/4 lbs of sea scallops.
- It’s of Black pepper, sea salt, and smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of port wine.
- Prepare 1 of medium shallot, minced.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare Half of Pinch of sea salt.
Season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the wine and cook until reduced to almost gone. To make pan-seared scallops as good as ones served at restaurants, make sure they're dry, and use a very hot pan.
Brad's pan seared sea scallops with port wine sauce instructions
- Start with the sauce. Melt butter in a sauce pot. Add shallots. Cook on medium low stirring often until shallots start to brown. Add garlic. Cook a couple more minutes..
- Meanwhile lay scallops out on paper towels. Pat dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika..
- Add port wine to the shallots. Bring to a simmer. Let reduce a little..
- After the alcohol cooks out of the wine, add rest of sauce ingredients. Simmer until sauce reduces to under a cup of liquid. Stir often..
- When scallops are air dried, lay seasoning side down on a plate. Sprinkle again..
- Heat oil in a good fry pan until very hot. Almost smoking. Carefully with tongs, lay scallops in pan. This is why it is important for them to be dry..
- Let brown, flip over and brown other side. You want them to come out medium rare..
- While shallots are cooking, mix a slurry of corn starch and cold water. Add to reduced sauce slowly, stirring constantly, until you reach your desired consistency. I let it thicken until it barely dripped off of a spoon..
- Plate scallops immediately after done. Pour desired amount of sauce over. Garnish with lemon slices and a sprig of dill. Enjoy..
Be sure not to overcook them. Cooking scallops require a smoking-hot pan so that the scallops actually sear rather than steaming in their own juices. We browned some diced bacon in. The port wine reduction sauce is irresistible! A food blog with mostly simple, always seasonal recipes.