Salmon Simmered in Sweet Miso Sauce from Hokkaido.
This Tasty Salmon Simmered in Sweet Miso Sauce from Hokkaido using 15 simple ingredients and 10 simple steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Salmon Simmered in Sweet Miso Sauce from Hokkaido
- You need 1/4 of of a whole salmon Raw salmon.
- Prepare 1/4 of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 6 of to 7 Shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 of half a bunch Chinese chives.
- Prepare 10 of stalks Green onion or scallion.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 teaspoons Butter.
- Prepare 200 grams of ★White miso.
- You need 100 grams of ★Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Ground sesame seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★Cooking sake.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ★Soy sauce.
- You need 1 dash of ★Salt.
Salmon Simmered in Sweet Miso Sauce from Hokkaido step by step
- *Please use raw salmon, not salted or smoked. Cut the vegetables up into pieces. It's particularly yummy if you add lots of cabbage..
- Combine all the ★ seasoning ingredients. Mix the miso and sugar together first, then add the other ingredients!.
- Add oil and butter to an electric griddle and melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the salmon pieces skin side down, and top with lots of vegetables and some of the miso sauce… Don't add too much sauce!.
- Cover with aluminium foil or a lid, and steam-cook. After 10 to 15 minutes or so the moisture from the vegetables will seep out..
- Open the lid and flake the salmon while mixing it with the vegetables. Add Chinese chives, when they're wilted, the dish is done..
- Serve it on one big plate so everyone can share. But for little kids, cool it down and serve it separately in a small container..
- It's the best over rice. However, in our house I usually serve it with drinks, so we eat it with a can of beer in one hand..
- Adjust the flavor by the amount of sweet miso sauce you add. Be sparing to start with, since it's easy to add more..
- Cook over medium-high heat. Take a peek occasionally and adjust the heat if needed. It's tastiest if it's a bit burnt!.
- Put in any leftover vegetables you have. The sweet miso sauce goes well with any vegetables..