Easy Simmered Taro Roots and Squid.
This Appetizing Easy Simmered Taro Roots and Squid using 9 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Simmered Taro Roots and Squid
- It’s 1 of whole squid Squid.
- It’s 10 of Taro root.
- Prepare 2 of thin slices' worth ★Ginger (shredded).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ★Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- It’s 400 ml of Dashi stock.
- It’s 6 of Green vegetables such as string beans.
Easy Simmered Taro Roots and Squid instructions
- Remove the guts and cartilage from the squid and wash the squid. Cut the suckers off of the tentacles one at a time, holding each of them. Cut the body into 1 cm rings. Peel the satoimo, and cut large ones in half..
- (Boil it until it looks like the photo). Put 50 ml of the dashi stock into a pan with the ★ ingredients and bring to the boil. Once boiled, add the squid and simmer/fry it for about 2 minutes. Once done, put it on a plate and keep aside..
- Put the satoimo into the pan used for the squid, add the remaining dashi stock and put this on a high heat (if the dashi stock isn't enough to cover the satoimo, add water)..
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat to medium and put a drop-lid (otoshibuta) on top. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the satoimo are soft..
- Once the satoimo are soft, return the squid to the same pan. Simmer until there is no liquid remaining while shaking the pan. Boil the green vegetables (the string beans) with salt. Serve the simmered squid and satoimo, then decorate with the beans..