Egg-free Savory Breads in a Bread Machine.
This Appetizing Egg-free Savory Breads in a Bread Machine using 20 simple ingredients and 15 simple steps. Learn how to achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg-free Savory Breads in a Bread Machine
- It’s 280 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 200 grams of Water.
- Prepare 20 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 15 grams of Skim milk powder (★ or milk – see Step 13).
- You need 15 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 4 grams of Salt.
- You need 4 grams of Dry yeast.
- It’s of Filling suggestions.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of plus (A) Grainy mustard.
- You need 2 1/2 slice of Sliced cheese.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Corn kernels.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of (B) Mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 can of Canned tuna.
- It’s 3 slice of Ham (bacon).
- Prepare 1 dash of Black pepper.
- Prepare of (For both A and B combinations).
- It’s 1 of Finely chopped or sliced onion.
- You need 1 of Easy melting cheese.
- It’s 1 dash of Dried or fresh parsley.
Egg-free Savory Breads in a Bread Machine instructions
- Put the dough ingredients in a bread machine and start. Once the dough has come together in a cohesive ball, add the butter (or other fat). If this is a bother, just put all the ingredients in at once..
- Drain the tuna and corn well. Cut the ham slices in half..
- When the dough is done, divide into 2 portions. Form into smooth balls with the seam sides down. Cover with a moist but tightly wrung out kitchen towel. Leave to rest for 15 minutes..
- Roll out each piece of dough using a rolling pin, rolling up and down and left to right, until each piece is about 20 x 15 cm in size. Make the (A) filling roll: Spread on the mustard to start..
- Leave a 1-2 cm gap on the long (20 cm) side for both A and B versions. This makes the dough easier to seal up after it's rolled..
- Add the mayonnaise, corn and sliced cheese to the mustard-spread portion. Don't add too much mayonnaise or you won't be able to seal the dough together as easily..
- For the (B) version, roll the dough out in the same way and spread with mayonnaise. Add pepper, ham slices cut in half, and tuna..
- Roll up the dough from the side nearest you. Pinch the seam closed with your fingers..
- Roll lightly with both hands to form a cylinder..
- Cut into 5 pieces with a knife, put into aluminium cups and leave to rise (2nd rising), at 35 to 40°C until doubled in volume..
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. When the bread has finished rising, top with some onion and melting cheese..
- Once the oven has heated up, lower the temperature to 180°C, add the formed bread from Step 11 and bake. It's done in about 15 minutes. Optionally sprinkle with parsley..
- If you don't have skim milk powder, use 100 g of water (instead of 200 g) and add 100 g of milk, for a total of 200 g of liquid. You could also use 200 g of milk..
- If you don't have unsalted butter, use salted butter or margarine. Note that I have used a minimal amount of fat. Add 10 g more butter for a richer dough..
- The usual fillings for this type of bread are ham + cheese, corn, tuna etc. but use whatever you like..