This Yummy Beef Udon using 14 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Beef Udon
- It’s 1 of tri-tip roast 1-2 pounds.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black ground pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 package of pre-cooked udon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of small sweet onion, peeled and diced.
- It’s 5 of large button mushrooms.
- It’s 1 cup of snap peas.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and minced.
- Prepare 1 can of baby bamboo shoots, drained.
- You need 1/2 cup of green onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
Beef Udon step by step
- In a shallow casserole dish add lemon juice. If you don't have lemon, lime or orange works fine. Point is that the citric acid will naturally tenderize your meat..
- With a fork scratch the front and back of the meat in a tic-tac-toe pattern. Rub in the garlic salt and black pepper. Place in the casserole dish with the lemon juice. Turn every 10 minutes for 40 minutes..
- While waiting for the meat to tenderize you can start your broth..
- In the sesame oil, saute the onion on medium low heat. Sesame oil doesn't do well with high temperature so allow the onions to take their time. After about 20 minutes add the garlic. You want the onion to turn a deep gold color. This will bring out the sweetness of the onions..
- Combine the chicken stock, mushrooms, bamboo, pea pods and oyster sauce. The oyster sauce is very salty so be sure to taste the broth to see if you like more. Cover and gently simmer for 30 minutes..
- While waiting for the broth you can broil the roast. Move the oven rack to the top. Using a broiler pan place your meat on and place in oven immediately. If you can leave the oven door slightly open to allow circulation. Turn every 8 minutes till the outside has formed dark crunchy spots..
- Remove from the oven and allow the roast to rest on a cutting board for 10-15 minutes. This will allow the insides to finish cooking so don't cut it right away. Don't throw away all that meat juice in the bottom of the pan. Add it to the broth. 😉.
- Once your meat is out you can add your udon to the broth. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and ladel into large bowls..
- Carving against the grain, slice the roast nice and thin. Place on top of the udon and sprinkle with green onion. Serve hot with green tea or marble soda 😊.