This Appetizing Char Sui using 10 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Char Sui
- You need 1 of slab of pork picnic/shoulder (ask butcher to cut in half).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoons of soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mushroom soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- You need 1 cube of fermented tofu.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey.
Char Sui instructions
- Finely dice garlic, add hoisin sauce, soya sauce, mushroom soya sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, fermented tofu and mix in bowl. Place meat in large zip lock bag and add sauce mixture. Leave meat to marinate in the fridge overnight..
- Preheat oven to 425 deg F.
- Add water to bottom of pan to keep meat moist when baking. Do not let water exceed surface of rack..
- Place meat on rack in pan and bake for 1 hr, turning halfway..
- When meat is almost done, put honey in pot and let it boil for a few min to carmelize.
- Remove meat from oven and base with carmelized honey. Bake for a few min on broil. Flip and repeat on other side..
- Let meat cool for at least half hour before cutting. Slice meat to desired size..
- Serve with rice and vegetables, in noodle soups or in rice wraps. Also tastes great in fried rice..