Open faced tuna melt. Casting about for a way to get your family to eat more fish? In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top with a tomato slice.
This classic tuna melt has the perfect amount of crunch, melty cheddar cheese, and veggies. Melts are one of my favorite types of lunch sandwiches. This Tuna Melt is served open-faced and will transport you to your favorite deli with delicious homemade tuna salad, fresh sliced tomato, and ooey-gooey mozzarella cheese, all on top of freshly toasted french bread! This Tasty Open faced tuna melt using 9 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Open faced tuna melt
- Prepare 2 can of (5 oz) chicken of the sea tuna.
- Prepare 1 medium of shallot,minced(approx.2 tbsp).
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain non-fat greek yogurt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced parsley.
- You need 1/8 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 4 slice of 100% whole-wheat bread, toasted.
- It’s 2 of fresh tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
This would also taste amazing on my homemade Amish White Bread! Pita breads are spread with creamy dressing, topped with tuna, tomatoes, green onions and cheddar cheese then baked for warm and tasty sandwiches. Open-Face Tuna Melt. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Open-faced Island Trollers Tuna Melt is a great light lunch for these summer months.
Open faced tuna melt instructions
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine tuna,shallot,Greek yogurt,lemon juice,parsley, and salt in a medium bowl. If desired you can add some black pepper or hot sauce for additional flavor..
- Spread 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast; top with cheese and tomato..
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3-5 min.
All the fresh herbs in the tuna mix really help it say summer. Open Faced Tuna Melt is an easy lunch for all you tuna lovers! Serving them open faced is an easy way to cut the calories. Open-Faced Tuna Melt Sandwiches, an easy lunch for all you tuna lovers! Serving them open faced is an easy way to cut the calories..bread, canned light tuna (canned albacore white tuna is higher in mercury) mixed with light mayo, and is topped with the signature bubbly, melted cheese.