Tuna Melt Italiano.
This Appetizing Tuna Melt Italiano using 10 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Melt Italiano
- Prepare 12 oz of solid white albacore tuna (canned).
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed hot red peppers (the Italian kind in the jar, not the flakes).
- It’s 1/2 large of banana pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 medium of tomato, minced.
- It’s 1/4 medium of onion, finely minced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 12 oz of mozzarella cheese, sliced thin.
- You need 1 loaf of scali bread, sliced.
Tuna Melt Italiano instructions
- Mash and mix together all the ingredients that aren't the bread or the mozzarella..
- Spread the tuna mixture onto a slice of bread..
- Add some sliced mozzarella to a different piece of bread..
- Put both slices food side up into a preheated oven on broil (via a cookie sheet), close the door, and wait five minutes..
- When the insides are toasted and melty after about five minutes, remove them from heat, and mash them together to make a sandwich..
- Slice the sandwich across its width, and artfully stack it on a plate to serve..