Shrimp, Bamboo Shoots and Napa Cabbage Simmered in Cream. Bamboo Shrimp, a/k/a Wood Shrimp, are freshwater filter feeding shrimp that can be an interesting addition to an aquarium. Fortunately, Bamboo Shrimp care is pretty straight forward and not complicated, provided the proper conditions are met. Japanese recipe for simmered bamboo shoots with bonito flakes (katsuobushi), takenoko no nimono, or takenoko no tosanai.
Cooked in classic Japanese seasonings, Simmered Bamboo Shoots is a simple and elegant dish to enjoy during springtime when fresh bamboo shoots are in season. Bamboo shoots, or takenoko in Japanese, are a commonly used vegetable in Japanese cuisine. Slippery pieces of bamboo shoot (canned, or fresh if you can find it) add texture and a gentle earthiness. You can cook Shrimp, Bamboo Shoots and Napa Cabbage Simmered in Cream using 12 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Shrimp, Bamboo Shoots and Napa Cabbage Simmered in Cream
- You need 200 grams of Bamboo shoot (boiled).
- You need 150 grams of Peeled shrimp.
- It’s 1/8 of Napa cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 small of Carrot.
- You need 1/4 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1 dash of ＊Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ＊Cake flour.
- Prepare 400 ml of ★Milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ★Chicken stock granules.
- You need 3 tbsp of ★Corn.
- You need 1 of (if you have it) Boiled broccoli.
- You need 15 grams of Butter.
Stir in bamboo shoots, remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. The Best Bamboo Shoot Salad Recipes on Yummly How To Make Soop Naw Mai (thai Bamboo Shoot Salad), Bamboo Salad, Butter Lettuce Salad With Grilled Zucchini Skewers And Tomato Vinaigrette. Bamboo shoots slowly simmered have a delicate, bitter flavor and earthy aroma.
Shrimp, Bamboo Shoots and Napa Cabbage Simmered in Cream step by step
- Cut the napa cabbage into bite-size pieces. Quarter the bamboo shoot and carrot vertically and slice into quarter rounds. Thinly slice the onion along the grain..
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pot and cook the vegetables and shrimp. When the vegetables are soft, reduce the heat..
- Add the ＊marked ingredients and combine with a spatula. When the flour is well incorporated, add the ★ marked ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring..
- Cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes over low heat. Season with salt and pepper, and it's done. Garnish with boiled broccoli to make it colorful..
Fresh bamboo shoots can be sliced and boiled, sautéed or braised and served as an accompaniment to meat and fish. Additionally, if you can't find napa cabbage in your store, you may use chives, scallions, or bok choy. If you have never made dumplings, don't be intimidated, they are so easy to make and there is no special technique or skill needed. Keyword: Pork Shrimp and Napa Cabbage Dumplings. Then add the thick coconut cream, simmer until bamboo shoots is done and the sauce is thick.