Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce.
You can cook Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce using 15 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce
- Prepare 1 large of rib eye steak 1-1.5".
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Rub.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground coffee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coarse ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 tsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate stout.
- It’s 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 stick of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce instructions
- Mix the coffee, salt, paprika, peppers & cumin together and toast lightly in pan until fragrant (alternatively you can toast whole spices then grind). Mix the spices with the sugar to make the rub.
- Spread the rub all over the steak and let sit for awhile, if you do it the night before you'll have stronger flavor but if you do it right before serving it'll be good, too. (If you pre-rub and set it in the fridge, be sure to bring it up to room temperature before searing, so you do not shock the meat.).
- Heat a cast iron pan until it's really really hot — a drop of water flicked into the pan should sizzle and bounce. Add vegetable oil, wait a few seconds until the oil heats up, then place the steak in the pan. It should sizzle; leave it there, do not touch it at all for 3-4 minutes. It should be browning on the bottom. Then place it under a hot broiler and broil to medium rare or desired doneness..
- Remove the steak and let rest on a warm plate, cover with aluminum foil..
- Add the thyme sprig to the pan and let it saute a bit till it gets nice and fragrant. Pour in the chocolate stout and deglaze the pan. Add the beef broth, whisk together and reduce by half over medium heat..
- Remove the thyme sprig and whisk in the butter. Season to taste..
- Slice the steak on the bias and drizzle the sauce over top. This is YUMMY with creamed spinach and hash browns or baked potato and a nice big salad..