Salmon Burgers. Salmon burgers are one of those foods that always seem like they should taste better than they do. In my mind, I picture a delicate yet fatty fish patty, seasoned well, with a lightly seared crust and a tender. For this recipe, you'll want to grind part of the salmon in a food processor: It'll bind the rest, which can be coarsely chopped to retain moisture.
These delicious, omega-packed, naked salmon burgers with sriracha mayo are the perfect example! Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. These Easy to Make Salmon Burgers come together with no fancy equipment. This Perfect Salmon Burgers using 15 simple ingredients and 13 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Salmon Burgers
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of fresh whole salmon fillet.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of panko crumbs.
- You need 6 of scallions (green and white parts separately).
- You need 2 large of ribs of celery (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped finely).
- You need 2/3 cup of mayonnaise plus 1/2 cup mayonnaise for sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of old bay seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 4 large of eggs, beaten.
- You need 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 3 tsp of fresh dill (chopped finely).
Salmon Burgers with Lemon Dill Sauce. A salmon burger is a type of fishcake made mostly from salmon in the style of a hamburger. The salmon requires a binder to make it stick together and is easy to overcook which makes it too dry. Easy Salmon Burgers, fast and easy made with canned salmon, cracker crumbs, chopped celery and onions.
Salmon Burgers instructions
- Preheat oven to low broil or 500º..
- Salmon Preparation***Rinse and pat dry whole salmon fillet and place on foil lined baking sheet..
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over entire fillet. Add 2 tsp. granulated garlic, 2 tbsp old bay seasoning, 2tbsp fresh dill (finely chopped) and 1/4 tsp black pepper over fillet..
- Broil salmon fillets for 15 minutes and check doneness. Broil for another 5-10 minutes until flaky tender and cooked through..
- Remove salmon from oven and let cool. Flake entire fillet off of skin and put in a large bowl..
- Salmon Burger Preparation***Using fork, mix in 1/2 cup panko, the scallion whites, celery, parsley, 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp old bay and 1/4 tsp cayenne with flaked salmon in the large bowl..
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- Shape the mixture into 8 big patties. In a bowl, mix the remaining panko, and 1 tsp salt. (I added 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley just for color) In another bowl beat 4 eggs and set aside..
- Coat the patties with the panko, then the eggs, then the panko again..
- In a heavy skillet (cast iron works best) heat half the butter and olive oil together over medium heat. Add 3 or 4 salmon patties and cook until golden brown about 3-4 minutes each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining butter, oil and patties..
- Sauce preparation*** Mix remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise, scallion greens, balsamic vinegar, dill and a dash of salt & pepper. Serve sauce on bun or alongside of patties..
- Garnish with lemon slices..
- (I used Hawaiian hamburger buns-sweet bread-with these and they turned out amazing!).
Easy becomes delicious, especially when served with a little Greek Yogurt Dill Sauce. Easy baked salmon burgers made with sockeye salmon. Prepare this simple, healthful recipe using fresh salmon in your food processor! Salmon burgers make a great alternative to beef burgers. Made with only a few ingredients, they're nutrient-dense, protein-packed & fun for summer grilling!