My tuna caserole... "This is a tuna casserole that even my picky family loves! Originally, this casserole dish was made with non-perishable pantry ingredients as a cheap, wholesome dinner that. Tuna Casserole is a classic comfort food topped with crushed potato chips.
I used light tuna instead of white since that's what I had. The only other change I made was to add a teaspoon of dry mustard. Classic Tuna Casserole is one of those "comfort food" dishes that reminds me of being a kid. You can have My tuna caserole.. using 9 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of My tuna caserole..
- You need 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 packages of egg noodles.
- It’s 1 can of ..The big can of albacore tuna.
- Prepare 1 large of jar of Ragu cheese sauce.
- It’s 1 can of cream of celery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mozzarella shredded cheese, that all I had..
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
Standing by my mom's side when she prepared this was a treat. Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting. What do you get when you add cheddar cheese to tuna noodle casserole? Comfort food to the max: it's like mac & cheese and tuna noodle.
My tuna caserole.. step by step
- I kind of cooked the onions in butter til clear. Don't know why but I did..
- mix all ingredients in a bowl except the mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs.
- preheat oven to 400.
- place mixture in a casserole dish sprinkle cheese and bread crumbs over the top..
- Bake for about 20 mins. or so.. Browned the top by placing oven on broil right before taking it out..
This lighter tuna casserole recipe is easy to make, full of great flavor, and I thought we'd take a little stroll down memory lane today to one of my favorite retro dishes from childhood — tuna casserole!! Tuna casserole is a casserole primarily made with pasta (or rice) and canned tuna, with canned peas and corn sometimes added. The dish is often topped with potato chips, corn flakes, bread crumbs or canned fried onions. This dish is so easy to fix, and the flavor is better than any tuna helper I've ever tried. Macaroni Tuna Casserole Recipe photo by Taste of Home.