Beurre Blanc Cod.
You can cook Beurre Blanc Cod using 10 simple ingredients and 18 easy steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Beurre Blanc Cod
- Prepare of Fish.
- You need 1 lb of cod.
- You need 1 of salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh cracked peppercorn, to taste.
- It’s of Beurre Blanc.
- You need 1 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely chopped shallot.
- You need 1 lb of unsalted butter, cold.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
Beurre Blanc Cod instructions
- Preheat the oven to broil on high..
- Add Pam or olive oil to a pan and add the fish..
- Salt an pepper the fish to taste..
- Add fish to oven and broil for 15 minutes..
- On the stove, heat the wine, vinegar, and shallots in a saucepan until the liquid boils..
- Lower heat a bit and simmer until the liquid ha reduced down to about 2 tablespoons. (This should take about 10 minutes)..
- While the liquid reduces, cut the butter into 1/2" cubes and return to the refrigerator..
- Once the wine-vinegar mixture has reduced to 2 tablespoons, reduce the heat to low..
- Add the cubes of butter 2 or 3 at a time, whisking rapidly with a wire risk..
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add the last few cubes remaining..
- The finished sauce should be thick and smooth..
- Strain the sauce to remove the shallot pieces..
- Season the sauce with Kosher salt..
- Place a puddle of the sauce on the plate (enough to completely rest the fish on)..
- Add the fish on top of the sauce and add any sides to the plate..
- Serve immediately..
- The burre blanc recipe makes 2 cups..
- If the sauce tastes like melted butter, the emulsion has broken, most likely because the butter wasn't cold enough, or you added the butter too quickly, or you didn't whisk hard enough, or all three. The proper final result should be thick, creamy, and velvety..