Daikon Radish Simmered with Scallops.
This Yummy Daikon Radish Simmered with Scallops using 5 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Daikon Radish Simmered with Scallops
- Prepare 1 of Daikon radish.
- You need 1 can of Canned scallops.
- You need 25 grams of Hidaka kombu.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
Daikon Radish Simmered with Scallops step by step
- Wipe the kombu lightly with a clean cloth. Cut into 10 cm pieces, and soak in 1.5 liters of water overnight..
- Put the kombu and soaking water in a pot and heat. Just before it comes to a boil, turn off the heat and take out the kombu. This is the kombu dashi stock..
- Lightly wash the daikon radish, and cut it into 4 cm pieces..
- Put the daikon radish, 1 liter of kombu dashi stock from Step 2, the canned scallops (the juices in the can), sake and salt in a pressure cooker and heat with the lid locked. When it comes to a boil and comes to pressure, turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Leave to cool down and de-pressurize, and take off the lid..
- If you let it cool down completely and re-heat before serving, the flavors will have permeated the daikon radish and it will be delicious. Try using the simmering liquid in miso soup, or for other simmered dishes..