Tuna melt stuffed portobellos. Deli tuna salad makes these stuffed mushrooms from Barbara Wassler of Williamsport, Pennsylvania a cinch to put together. Assembled in large portobello mushrooms, it's a filling lunch or light supper. Portobello Tuna Melts are a healthier version of the old-school tuna melts you may know.
Divide tuna mixture among mushrooms, and spread evenly in caps. These meatless, artichoke stuffed, portobello mushrooms are capable of taking center stage at your next meal. They're stuffed with a creamy mixture of cheese, spinach, and marinated artichoke hearts. This Tasty Tuna melt stuffed portobellos using 10 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna melt stuffed portobellos
- You need 2 cans of flaked light tuna, drained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of colored bell pepper, diced (I used yellow).
- You need 1/2 cup of celery, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mustard leafs, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayo (I used Hellmann's).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasonning.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh groung black pepper.
- You need 4 of portobello heads, emptied.
- Prepare 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
This Tuna Melt from Delish.com goes out to all the canned-fish lovers. Looking for a low carb version? This General Tso's Chicken Trumps Take-Out Any Day. Stuffed Mushroom Caps Stuffed Mushrooms Stuffed Peppers Low Carb Recipes Healthy Recipes Tasty Meals Kosher Recipes Delicious Recipes Bean And Vegetable Soup.
Tuna melt stuffed portobellos instructions
- In a bowl, mix together seven first ingredients..
- Lay portobello heads on a foiled cookie sheet and fill in the portobello heads with tuna mix..
- Cover with cheese and sprinkle with breadcrumbs..
- Cook in pre-heated oven at 400° for 20 minutes..
- Cook at broil a couple of minutes till top is golden brown and crispy..
- Serve with a green salade and/or french fries..
Tuna Melt Boats recipe: Try this Tuna Melt Boats recipe, or contribute your own. Randy Hare healthy wraps / Sandwiches. This is a traditional patty melt in all ways save the fact that the beef has been swapped out for roasted portobello-mushroom caps. We're always looking for satisfying vegetarian meals, and this one tops the list. Portobello Melts Recipe photo by Taste of Home.