Shrimp macaroni and cheese. Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese is rich and crazy creamy loaded with juicy, cajun shrimp and buttery panko topping. It's super easy to make but tastes like you're dining at the finest restaurant! How do you make America's favorite Macaroni and Cheese even better?!
The Ultimate Five-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese Mac and cheese goes upscale in this deliciously cheesy variation. The shrimp gives a unique twist to this popular standard. —Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, California. This Yummy Shrimp macaroni and cheese using 19 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Shrimp macaroni and cheese
- You need 1 lb of uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s of Macaroni and cheese.
- Prepare 1 lb of cellentani pasta.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated Monterrey jack cheese.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta. When the shrimp comes out of the oven, toss it on top of the creamy macaroni & cheese, and sprinkle generously with some chopped green onions. Snip the ends off of fresh green beans. Indulge in this decadent shrimp and lobster mac and cheese made with a rich, buttery roux and cream sauce and oniony cracker topping.
Shrimp macaroni and cheese instructions
- Cook pasta according to package directions, strain, rinse in cold water, and set aside..
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large (oven proof) iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp in an even layer and cook 2-3 minutes, flip over, and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove shrimp to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into halves. Set aside..
- While shrimp are cooking, preheat oven to 350..
- Keep the drippings in the skillet and melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat, then whisk in the flour. Cook, while stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low then gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in cornstarch and remaining seasoning..
- Simmer, whisking constantly until thickened (but not overly thick). Whisk in cheddar, then Monterrey jack. Add shrimp and pasta and stir until evenly coated..
- Spread pasta into an even layer and top with Parmesan. Whisk Panko with melted butter and evenly sprinkle on top. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Turn oven to broil to toast Panko for 3-5 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn..
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in the shrimp, shrimp cooking liquids, and macaroni until combined. Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Top with the Parmigiano-Reggiano and breadcrumbs. Macaroni and cheese is everyone's favorite comfort food.