Preparing Simmered Black Rockfish.
This Delicious Preparing Simmered Black Rockfish using 7 easy ingredients and 11 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Preparing Simmered Black Rockfish
- Prepare 1 of half or a whole fish Black rockfish.
- Prepare 100 ml of ●Sake.
- Prepare 100 ml of ●Soy sauce.
- Prepare 100 ml of ●Water.
- Prepare 100 ml of ●Mirin (or Mirin-style seasoning).
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Sugar.
- You need 1 of Cooked bamboo shoots in brine.
Preparing Simmered Black Rockfish instructions
- When you're out shopping for ingredients, look for fish with clear eyes and firm flesh!!.
- They have sharp spikes in here (as in the picture) and on the back fin..
- Scale and gut the fish. Remove the gills. Rinse well with running water! After this we won't use any water so clean the fish very well at this point!.
- I want to use half of a fish to make a dish so remove the flesh of the side that is going to be underneath when you serve..
- Make several slashes on the flesh to prevent the skin from shrinking and to allow the flesh to absorb the sauce well..
- Put all the ● ingredients into a pot and bring to the boil. Use a pot large enough to accommodate a whole fish..
- Simmer the fish. I added bamboo shoots because I happened to have some. I only had slim bamboo shoots so the picture is not very appetising..
- Make a small lid (otoshibuta), which will sit right on top of the fish, with parchment paper. Make several holes in the paper..
- The fin sticks out…my paper lid doesn't work with the fin pushing it up. I made a bigger hole to get the fin out from it..
- Simmer the fish for 10 minutes and it is done..
- This dressing method is the same as preparing a largescale blackfish. If you are interested look at that recipe too..