Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top with a tomato slice. Spread the bread out on a baking sheet and toast.
In other words, plain mayo alone won't cut it. Here's how we do it: open-faced with crusty toasted bread, melty cheese, capers, cornichons, Dijon mustard, and plenty of seasoning. A Classic Tuna Melt is one of our favorite lunch recipes ever. This Yummy Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts using 11 easy ingredients and 2 easy steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts
- Prepare of Tuna Salad:.
- Prepare 2 cans (6 oz.) of each tuna.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayo.
- It’s of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of finely diced celery.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- You need of Tuna Melts:.
- It’s 4 of English muffins, split.
- You need of Tuna salad.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese.
A tuna melt is a warm, open-faced sandwich made with tuna salad and topped with tomato and melted cheese. The central ingredient is canned tuna — aka "tuna fish". There are some who think the best tuna melt recipes absolutely must be made with American cheese and toasted white bread. Slather it on bread, top with fresh tomato slices and cheddar cheese and broil it in the oven.
Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts step by step
- To make the tuna salad, just place the tuna in a large bowl and break it up with a fork. Stir in all the rest of the ingredients together and set it aside. Set the oven to broil and lay out the split muffins on a baking tray. Broil them until toasted to your liking, then set the oven temperature to 400°F..
- Top the toasted muffins with the tuna salad, then with a sprinkle of cheddar. Place them in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. That's it! Serve it up with whatever side items sound good..
Although I've always liked tuna sandwiches, the only tuna melts I had when I was a kid were simple, open-faced tuna melts; basically tuna mixed with mayo, with a slice of tomato and some cheese on top of a slice of bread, then melted in the oven. Healthy Tuna Melt (no mayo) But when I tried her tuna melt (no mayo) with cream cheese…Wow! In this updated tuna melt recipe, we go light on the mayo and top it with fresh tomato slices and shredded sharp Cheddar. This allows us to use considerably less cheese while ensuring that there's great cheese flavor in each gooey bite of this healthy tuna melt recipe. They are the perfect way to elevate your basic tuna sandwich into a sensational one.