No Fishy Smell! Soft All the Way to the Bones! Sardines Simmered in Umeboshi and Ginger.
This Delicious No Fishy Smell! Soft All the Way to the Bones! Sardines Simmered in Umeboshi and Ginger using 11 easy ingredients and 12 simple steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of No Fishy Smell! Soft All the Way to the Bones! Sardines Simmered in Umeboshi and Ginger
- Prepare 1 of around 6 Sardines (Around 15cm each).
- It’s 200 ml of Water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 2 of ★Umeboshi.
- Prepare 1 piece of ★Ginger.
- You need 150 ml of ★Water.
- You need 150 ml of ★Sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Water and salt to prep the fish.
No Fishy Smell! Soft All the Way to the Bones! Sardines Simmered in Umeboshi and Ginger step by step
- First, if the sardines have scales, hold a knife against the fish and gently scrape from right to left to remove the scales..
- Place the knife diagonally along the head to the pectoral fin and cut off the head..
- The skin on the stomach is a little tough, so cut it off..
- Use the tip of the knife to completely remove the guts all the way to the tail end..
- Add plenty of salt to a bowl of water and use it to clean the bloody parts of the sardines. This is the first step for removing the fishy smell..
- Finish prepping all the sardines, like this..
- Arrange the sardines in a single layer in a frying pan. Add the water and the vinegar, cover with an otoshibuta (drop lid) and turn on the heat..
- Once it boils, turn the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. You can just use a piece of aluminum foil instead of an otoshibuta (drop lid)! This is the second step for removing the fishy smell and it will also soften the bones..
- While the sardines are simmering, thinly slice the ginger. Remove the pit from the umeboshi and cut into small pieces..
- After simmering for 10 minutes, the sardines will look like this Throw away the liquid in the pan. You can do this by pushing down on the sardines with the otoshibuta and ladling out the liquid with a ladle. Then you can use a paper towel to absorb the rest of the liquid..
- Add all the ★ ingredients to the pan. Cover again with the otoshibuta and turn on the heat. When it boils, turn the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes..
- After it's boiled down, gently arrange the sardines on a serving dish. All done..