Quick and Easy Tofu and Egg Simmered in Dashi Soy Sauce.
You can cook Quick and Easy Tofu and Egg Simmered in Dashi Soy Sauce using 6 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Tofu and Egg Simmered in Dashi Soy Sauce
- Prepare 1 block of Tofu (firm or silken).
- Prepare 1 of to 2 Egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ★Dashi stock granules.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ★Usukuchi soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- You need 1 of Japanese leek, mitsuba, nori, etc (for garnish).
Quick and Easy Tofu and Egg Simmered in Dashi Soy Sauce step by step
- Lightly drain the tofu. Cut to your desired thickness and put into a microwave-safe heatproof bowl..
- Mix 160 ml of water with the ★ seasoning ingredients. Top the tofu with the mixture..
- Crack open an egg on top of the tofu. Use a fork or skewer to break open the yolk so you don't have to worry about it bursting..
- Wrap with plastic wrap or cover with a microwave-safe lid and cook in the microwave at 500 W for 5 minutes. Adjust the cooking time until the egg is as hard as you like..
- If you're not worried about the scum, you can eat it as it is. If you don't like it, scrape it off with a spoon..
- Finally, garnish with mitsuba or leek for a nice presentation. If you top with some seasoned nori, it's even more delicious..