AMIEs Sweet and Sour Fish. This Chinese sweet and sour fish recipe uses fish fillets to create a stunning presentation while keeping the cooking process as easy as possible. The fish is shallow-fried until super crispy and then drizzled with a rich and aromatic sauce that is loaded with colorful peppers. It's a perfect dish to serve.
Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe from Easter China uses deep-fried white fish fillets and a sweet and sour sauce made with tomato paste and vinegar. Add the fish to the marinade ingredients, using your fingers to mix the ingredients and adding the cornstarch last. Sweet and sour fish came to me as I was driving home from fishing. This Perfect AMIEs Sweet and Sour Fish using 14 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of AMIEs Sweet and Sour Fish
- You need 1 lb of red snapper, sea bass or any white fish.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves,minced.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, sliced and diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ginger, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of medium carrot, cut into matchsticks.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper, deseeded and cut into matchsticks.
- You need 1/2 of stick celery, cut into matchsticks (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of spring onion, cut into lengths and sliced lengthwise into strips.
I'd caught some nice Pacific rockfish with my friend RJ out of Emeryville on the Sundance and was stuck in traffic, giving me some time to think. What would I do with these fish? It was hot at the time and I wanted something that. Sweet and Sour Fish – Simple and yet it left me satisfied.
AMIEs Sweet and Sour Fish step by step
- Fry the fish until crisp and become golden brown. Set aside to drain. Combine the vinegar, water, sugar and salt together in a bowl and stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved..
- In the frying pan where you fried the fish, put the garlic and fry until golden brown, add the onion and saute until soft. Add the liquid mixture and bring to the boil. Add the carrot, celery, pepper and spring onions and mix well. Add the cornstarch and stir until dissolve..
- Put the fish in the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens. Transfer the fish to a serving dish and arrange the cooked vegetables over it..
- Serve hot with the sauce on each side of the fish. Share and enjoy..
Please welcome her as a guest writer on Rasa Malaysia with the following serving of sweet and sour fish. Most of my friends do not cook as they find that cooking is a chore rather than an activity they'd enjoy. Who doesn't love fish, fried and tossed in sauce. Come with me…I will give you a piggyback to flavor town. I adapted this recipe from Martin Yan's cooking I was looking for a recipe of sweet and sour sauce without use of pineapples I will try your recipe and share how it will turn out thanks for the same.