Pinakbet. Pinakbet Tagalog is a Filipino dish made of pork and vegetables such as eggplant, okra, bitter melon, long beans, and calabasa. It's a delicious and nutritious dish served as a main entree or a side to fried fish or grilled meat. Pinakbet Tagalog is a Filipino vegetable dish.
A medley of local vegetables like squash, eggplant, okra, yard-long beans, and bitter melon. Pork, shrimp paste, and tomatoes are used to give it its distinctive taste. Add string beans or even squash if you want, but the ampalaya, okra and eggplants are your required vegetables for an authentic Pinakbet. This Yummy Pinakbet using 15 simple ingredients and 8 easy steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Pinakbet
- You need 1/4 lb of pork (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 2 piece of tomatoes (large).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger (minced).
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, crushed or chopped.
- You need 4 tbsp of shrimp paste.
- It’s 1 cup of shrimps.
- You need 1/4 medium of squash / pumpkin (cubed).
- You need 1 bunch of string beans (cut into 3 inch pieces).
- It’s 1 medium of eggplant, sliced.
- Prepare 6 piece of okra.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need tsp of salt.
- Prepare pinch of pepper.
If you have fried fish or pork leftovers from the day before, you can use them as long as they're not seasoned with overpowering flavors like chili or anise or sesame oil. Pinakbet (also called pakbet or pinak bet) is an indigenous Filipino dish from the northern regions of the Philippines. Pinakbet is made from mixed vegetables steamed in fish or shrimp sauce. The word is the contracted form of the Ilokano word pinakebbet, meaning "shrunk" or "shriveled." The original Ilocano pinakbet uses bagoong of fermented monamon or other fish, for seasoning sauce, while.
Pinakbet step by step
- Heat oil in a big pan.
- Sauté garlic, onion, ginger, and tomatoes..
- Add pork and cook until brownish.
- Put in shrimp paste and the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pork is tender. Add a dash of salt and pepper..
- Add the squash. After 5-7 minutes, add the eggplant..
- Add the remaining vegetables. Season with a bit of salt. Do not overcook..
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy! :).
Pinakbet is a popular Filipino dish which traditionally consists of pork and mixed vegetables, cooked and flavored with shrimp paste. Vegetables like string beans, squash, okra, bittermelon and eggplant are commonly used for this dish. Pinakbet or Pakbet refers to a Filipino vegetable dish. There are two main version of pinakbet, the Ilocano version and Tagalog version. This recipe depicts the steps on how to cook pinakbet tagalog.