Cod Simmered with Daikon Radish.
You can have Cod Simmered with Daikon Radish using 11 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Cod Simmered with Daikon Radish
- Prepare 5 of Cod (fillets).
- Prepare 400 grams of Daikon radish.
- It’s 1 of Mitsuba (or leek).
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ◎Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of ◎Salt and pepper.
- It’s 50 ml of ◎Plain flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of ◎Usukuchi soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ◎Mirin.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ◎Sake.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◎Dashi stock granules.
Cod Simmered with Daikon Radish step by step
- Place the cod on a paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides and shake off any moisture. Sprinkle both sides with flour. Grate the daikon and set aside..
- Apply some oil to a large frying pan. Cook both sides of the cod to golden brown on medium heat (it's okay if it hasn't fully cooked through)..
- Add the grated daikon (with all of its juices), usukuchi soy sauce, mirin, sake, and dashi stock to a boil. Mix everything together and add to the frying pan from Step 2..
- Close with a lid if you have, and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Once the juices have simmered down transfer to a serving plate, top with mitsuba if you like, and it's complete..