PORK BINAGOONGAN (Pork in Shrimp Paste). Pork Binagoongan is translated as pork cooked in shrimp paste. This pork binagoongan recipe produces one of the authentic Filipino Recipes. Pork Binagoongan is best eaten for lunch.
Let me know what you think. Today I am cooking one of my favorite dish and is best paired with hot steamed white rice. Pork binagoongan is a Filipino style dish consisting of pork with sauteed shrimp paste. You can cook PORK BINAGOONGAN (Pork in Shrimp Paste) using 9 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of PORK BINAGOONGAN (Pork in Shrimp Paste)
- You need 1/2 kg of pork.
- Prepare 2 of sliced eggplant.
- You need 1 head of garlic.
- Prepare 2 medium of onions.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of bagoong (shrimp paste).
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 small of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of pork stock (leftover).
This salty, savory and sour dish is one of those Filipino authentic dishes that I personally think should be part of the collection of recipes in my blog. I know of a few Filipinos who have moved to a different country. If Using Raw Shrimp Paste: Cook the pork cubes until lightly browned and remove from the pan; keep warm. Return the pork cubes in the pan and continue with the rest of the steps.
PORK BINAGOONGAN (Pork in Shrimp Paste) step by step
- boil pork while preparing the other ingredients for at least 20 to 30minutes in medium heat..
- once the pork is tender, fry the pork then set aside.
- heat little oil. add the onions, garlic and tomatoes together..
- add pork once the garlic, onions and tomato are soft. then add the vinegar, stir the pork until the vinegar boils..
- add the shrimp paste and stir in high heat.
- pour the left over pork stock and wait until it boils then add the brown sugar. taste to check if desired taste is achieved..
- lastly, add the sliced eggplant and cover the pan until eggplant is soft. once the eggplant is cooked stir all the ingredients together then serve..
Add the shrimp paste and sautee for another minute. Put the pork, stock, and banana peppers into the pan. This Pork Binagoongan recipe involves pork being sauteed in tomato and stewed in shrimp paste. In this Binagoongan recipe, the shrimp paste has the most dominant flavor. In order to balance the salty taste, a reasonable amount of vinegar along with some water are added.