Fried Lumpia. For those who can't find lumpia wrappers, you can make your own. it's just equal parts of rice flour and water. use a nylon pastry brush to 'paint' the batter on a large skillet and take the pan out of the fire once it's dry. just flip the cooked wrapper on top of some parchment paper and put on your filling. Be the first to review this recipe. This is my favorite Filipino food (besides the barbecue skewers).
The main protein for this version is ground pork. I also added carrot for additional sweetness and parsley to make it taste fresh. It is important to ensure that the flavor of the lumpia filling is flavorful. You can have Fried Lumpia using 10 simple ingredients and 10 simple steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Fried Lumpia
- You need 1 of lean ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast fillet, shredded.
- Prepare 1 of shrimp, diced OR crab meat, shredded OR both.
- It’s 1 of singkamas or water chestnut, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of tomato sauce or paste.
- You need 1 of garlic.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of lumpia wrapper.
Lumpia are various types of spring rolls commonly found in Indonesia and the Philippines. Lumpia are made of thin paper-like or crepe-like pastry skin called "lumpia wrapper" enveloping savory or sweet fillings. It is often served as an appetizer or snack, and might be served deep fried or fresh (unfried). Lumpia are Indonesian and Filipino adaptations of the Fujianese and Teochew popiah.
Fried Lumpia step by step
- In a large wok, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until fragrant..
- Add ground pork and cook until no longer pinkish..
- Add shredded chicken and shrimp (and/or crab meat) and cook until shrimp turns pink..
- Add singkamas or water chesnut..
- Then add tomato sauce or paste. Mix well..
- Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Make sure you are constantly stirring the mixture all this time to avoid the ingredients from getting stuck together or from getting clunky..
- Once done, set aside to let the mixture cool down. Also, try to drain excess sauce..
- Then scoop a little portion and wrap in lumpia wrapper..
- Fry until golden brown..
Dab the unrolled corner with egg wash to seal the lumpia. Lumpia are Filipino fried spring rolls filled with ground pork and mixed vegetables. This lumpia recipe is authentic and yields the crispiest lumpia ever. Serve them as an appetizer or finger food, with a sweet and sour dipping sauce. One of the famous fried dishes in the Philippines is the Fried Lumpia (Philippine Spring Roll).